|
History repeats
5:12 PM
Remember the truamatic blood donation experience i had?
I went for the blood donation drive at JJ this morning and relived it once more!
OMG.

I was rather afraid of the situation happening and worse enough, it did.
I still checked with the attending nurse, "Er.. is the blood flowing properly?"
"Yes!"
I was slightly relieved but kept my eyes focused on the air bubbles inside the pack of blood. They were moving normally, then slower.. and slower.. and then the bubbles stopped moving. I knew that was it. That very moment. Argh.
This time round, the vein didn't really collapse but it shifted its position too far up that no matter how much twisting and turning, pushing in and out of the needle, it all didn't help. My bag was less then half filled when they terminated the process.
Sometime during the donation the nurse still said to me.. "Erm, sorry ah. The needle is not long enough for me to reach the top." OMG. The whole metal part of the needle was already inside and yet the blood still refused to flow. Argh.
The moment i took out the bandage, i saw some bruising already.
I'm yet again, going to expect a huge bruise tomorrow. Sigh.
And shit. NAPFA is like 2 weeks from now.
It's recommended that i let the vein rest for maybe about half a year or so, in the meantime doing exercises that will help strengthen the vein. The vein in my right arm is too small and not suitable to be used.
I really really hope that nothing goes wrong the next time round. -.-"
Damn. This is so depressing. |
0
comment
|
permanent link |