|
Saturday, August 26, 2006 |
Before I continue with my Physics and Chem tutorials
7:55 PM
I thought I should just post an entry.
Lots happened since I last had a proper update.
 Helped out at the International Chinese Riddle Competition. Did most of the wiring works for the laptops and stuff. Damn tiring. My friend and I will always be the first to arrive and the last to leave. The other helpers just fail to appear everytime.
 JJ officially opened its People Development Centre. The Education Minister, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam was the guest of honour.
Got news of exemption for Promos. 5 from my class got Full Exemption. Quite a handful got partial exemption for Maths, and I'm one of them. Thank god I can be exempted from Maths. All the vectors crap.. SCARY!
-----
It has been about 5 months since I've been with my class. It's quite true that the longer you know someone, the more flaws you'll see in that person.
Sometimes I just don't get it. Now, I'm like the root of all evil. =S
When my friend wants tissue paper and I realised I ran out of them, I get a deadly stare.
When the air con in the classroom is too cold (but I feel that the temperature is ok), and I got my classmate to sit at the seat beside me, I get a "I hate you" comment when she realised the air con is too cold at that area.
Sometimes, some classmates just take it too far. When you do something for someone, you'll expect a "thank you" or something like that right? This particular classmate says "Guai1" (Good). It's like i'm her dog or something. Argh.
The other day, we were in the hall having some STD talk by Health Promotion Board. When it ended, my classmate beside suddenly spoke to me.. and with a very flustered and pek cek look on his face.
Classmate: Eh, Melvin. Ni you mei you ND rally de article? (You have the ND rally article?) Me: Huh? She me ND rally? (What ND rally article?) Classmate: The National Day Rally article. Me: Yah, you. (Have.) Classmate: Bang wo photocopy yi fen. (Help me photocopy 1 set.)
Then he was about to leave when I stopped him.
Me: Huh? Ke shi zhe me da zhe me photocopy? (But so big how to photocopy?)
Then I took out the newspaper and showed him the size.
Classmate: Then yong liang zhang lor. (Then use 2 pieces of paper lor.)
Like WTH? With the super pek cek look. No proper "please" or "can you please" etc. And with the like i-owe-you kinda tone. I was super reluctant. Anyway, shouldn't people just request to borrow the article and photocopy themselves?
Me: Er, wo over the weekends yao yong dao. Next week jie ni, then ni qu photocopy lor. (I need it over the weekends. I'll lend you next week to photocopy.) Classmate: *slight nod*
-.-"
-----
I think my Chinese tutor is against me. Instead of messaging me regarding collection of worksheets from the photocopying shop, she messaged the previous rep instead. She initially sacked him long ago cos he was too lousy and appointed me as the new rep.
I think it's cos of an incident about 2 weeks ago? BUT! I can confidently say I had no fault in it. In class, she still speaks to me normally, treats the class like how she did in the past but what's with messaging the previous rep?!
Crap. I'm glad the year is ending soon. Can't wait to get out of all these subject rep shit.
-----
Went to visit my GP tutor, Mrs Tan, at Thomson Medical Centre yesterday after lessons. It was really nice to see her again.
 The sunflower we got her.
 Thomson Medical Centre
 The dad trying to wrap baby Joshua up.
YAY!
Hope she returns to teach our class again! |
0
comment
|
permanent link |